Tuesday 16 July 2013

Learning to Lead

This weekend I ran a ''learning to lead'' course, with Judith and Helen. The wkend was very successful, and by the end both Judith and Helen were leading, placing gear and belaying with confidence. I was particularly inspired by these two, and I can only hope that I will be equally open to new experiences when in my 50's!
Here's what they had to say about the weekend:

Hi James, Just a quick note to say thanks for your excellent teaching this weekend, I really enjoyed it and learnt loads. My confidence has improved, I've got a much better understanding about where to place gear and my anchoring ...well I'll hear you saying "is it a 9 or a 10" whenever I'm setting up an anchor. So job well done!! Hope you get the thorn out of your leg and have a fantastic trip to India...remember your sun cream and your mosquito spray....thanks again Judith :)

Hi James, thanks for a great two days and for being so patient, we learnt loads and can't wait to start putting it into practise! I'll put a post on Facebook (the Club have a page and so do I) and give you a mention.......you never know you may get hoardes of middle aged women wanting to learn to climb ha ha. Hope your leg gets better and have a wonderful time in India.  Helen :)

Judith Leading a Diff at stanage

Topped out

Helen Leading a HVD

Reaching the top

Placing gear
I also managed to get a fly in after work and on Monday:





No comments:

Post a Comment